Friday 18 April 2014

{Looking Back}

May 2008...

my so called life

my so called life

my so called life

my so called life

Again, marveling at how small they were. Looking back to remind myself of so many things; adventuring with my babes in the sun, squeezing their little bodies in bear hugs that swept them off their feet, how happiness could be found in a net and a lakeside, how handmade clothes were easier (and cheaper!) to make (and how I should make more effort to make them some more). Milk teeth grins, mispronounced words left uncorrected because it was just too cute, the enormity of the privilege to be allowed to be the one they call 'mama'; podgy arms and legs, boundless energy and enthusiasm, sucking thumbs.

Good grief I do miss these times. Even though at the time I was utterly convinced I never could.

Hugs now are boney, sucking thumbs are a long forgotten habit, I can no longer lift my babes off their feet or indeed have them on my lap. I should get the last of those sweet chubby cheek kisses before they grow boney. And hairy.

Enjoy the madness of your family this weekend, and if you have little people under four feet tall, sweep them off their feet, carry them on your back, sit them on your lap and eat them up. For all their littleness, just melt into it and inhale.


6 comments:

  1. love this post and love your header image xx happy weekend of holding your boys close xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracy. They have no time for cuddles now - too busy doing something or other. I will put them in a headlock later and get a smooch out of them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. Mine are 7 & 5 and I miss those early years so much. It goes way too fast. Enjoy the break x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your break, and your little people (they're still so little!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. But finally after the teenage angst, university or college, work and partners who supplant you come grandchildren and new hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I am looking forward to my nana years :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.