Thursday 27 January 2011

Is It Spring Yet?

DSC_0017

DSC_0015

DSC_0005

DSC_0007

DSC_0025

I know it's not even close, but I am just itching to start having flowers back in the house.

I've said before how we try to live in seasonal balance in our house - even though essentially with supermarket shopping we are seasonless and can have whatever we want at almost any time of year. We forego certain fruit and vegetables when it really shouldn't be growing where we live, and likewise I don't have flowers in the house unless they are actually growing in our season!

But. Oh the tulips have started to appear in the supermarkets. Unbelievable, but true. I how I ache to buy armfuls of neon yellow and blood red flowers and have them in vases dotted all over the house.

I refrain. I'm really being a good girl and making do with hyacinth... but when March hits and the daffodils are on sale - I can not be held responsible for my flower-buying actions....

And you? How are you honouring the season in your home?

*** *** ***

7 comments:

  1. Salam,

    with a hyacinth too;)
    greetings from germany...its still cold and rainy here...

    alfarascha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salams, they make the house smell so good don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hyaccinths but alas they do not love me.....atchoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, I'm a bit like that - and with lillies too, no pun intended ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes they do!I hope spring comes soon ...
    alfarascha

    ReplyDelete
  6. my mom always quotes some poem saying hyacinths feed the soul. They are lovely. Like you, I've stopped buying produce out of season. Tastes better but have come to appreciate the anticipation factor too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. By March my poor children are *begging* for strawberries, but I make them wait til June and boy do they appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.