Wednesday 23 February 2011

Pen Pal Pouches

DSC_0189

DSC_0186

To encourage my children to write, and to also say their 'thankyou's without major enforcement issues, I whipped these little pouches up at the weekend in less than half an hour.

The boys had chosen the fabrics for them weeks ago, and I'd been putting off making them for ages.

DSC_0074

DSC_0036

DSC_0035

DSC_0181

DSC_0180

DSC_0177

There is space enough for paper, envelopes, a pen each and a mama-made address book with names and addresses for all the important people in their lives.

I nearly gave them stamps... but thought perhaps his own body-weight in payment would be too much for any postman, no matter how nice he was. And my boys do go a little crazy with stickers....

DSC_0176

DSC_0175

4 comments:

  1. Those are fabulous! What a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! I wish I had the skills for that kind of thing. My sewing is pretty poor at the moment. One day though. Your boys must love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks you two. yeah the boys have been using them a lot. there are a lot of 'I love you' letters needing posted ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, those would be expensive stickers!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.