Monday 7 March 2011

Our Weekend...

Our weekend included ::

Planting & Planning ::

DSC_0031

Seeds in their seed trays; trailing the city for free wood to make raised beds; planning a herbal and healing section to the allotment; adding natural dye plants to the mix.

Gaming ::


DSC_0025

DSC_0023

DSC_0024

DSC_0028

Having my ass suitably kicked by a five year old at chess, Go To The Shops, Blokus, snakes & ladders and pretty much anything else we played.

Making ::

DSC_0199

There was knitting, obviously, but a whole lot more got made this weekend. Oh yes.

Fresh Air ::

DSC_0087

There was a LOT more garden play this weekend, as testified by rosy cheeks, sleepy heads and some flowers ripped from stalks for Mama.


A lazy weekend. The best kind of weekend there is.



*** *** ***

6 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds like a good, good weekend. I hope you'll share what you're planting in the healing herbal section of the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far we have St John's Wort, German chamomile, echinacea, arnica, valerian, arcticum lappa, yarrow, and peppermint. We already have nettles, and so far I've added woad for the dyes (chamomile can be used for dying too!). Can you recommend any others?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, cant wait to see how your allotment comes along. i have got myself a piece of land this year, feel a little lost with it, so keep us updated on whatever you do with yours. natural dye plants sound cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont expect too much from your first year - it takes a while to find your feet! Getting digging now though and it's time for seedlings started under cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness me- thankyou so much for finding my blog as it has meant I have found yours, which is terribly exciting! Cna't wait to see how your allotment develops over the year and all the thrifty, crafty, family things you get up to x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee. I think I said the same things to myself when I landed on your blog! :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.