Tuesday 23 August 2011

Plum Picking

DSC_0043

DSC_0027

DSC_0005

DSC_0010

DSC_0001

DSC_0011

DSC_0021

DSC_0017

DSC_0053

DSC_0019

DSC_0050

DSC_0025

DSC_0044

DSC_0033


This farm, which we are so very, very lucky to live near, is never far from our minds in summer. Not many weeks go by without a hit and run reccie for fresh vege and perhaps some hand-picked strawberries for the table. Summer wouldn't be summer without fresh fruit.

And walking over the hills, searching for glistening hidden gems, breathing in all the fresh, quiet air, well, it's more than the tummy that gets fed, isn't it?

This time of year plums are beckoning and the boys and I fill up our baskets with fruit that will supply us with the best part of our year's jam batch. I think they know that when this fruit is ready for picking the last of the summer is winding down. They make the most of the farm, the farm dogs, the playground, the open, outside living.

And we gather as much of the summer as we can.


*** *** ***

2 comments:

  1. Oh yummy! DO post pictures of the jam! I love homemade jam but I never had the time. I only ever been happy picking once. I bet berry and plum picking are just as much fun. Thank you for sharing. Have a lovely day!

    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, it's almost Autumn, I'm sure you'll be bored of my jam by the time winter makes it's way round...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.