Wednesday 4 July 2012

Out of Town :: 3

DSC_0315

DSC_0317

DSC_0248

DSC_0234


DSC_0253

DSC_0072


DSC_0068

I've been keeping the spinning up with a take-along drop spindle, quite apt in this sheep farming centre of the UK, with hidden gems like this to fuel the addiction.

I am getting to the end of my patience with the drop spindle; I feel an itch to get back to the easier, faster, wheel. Much less stress on the arm, much less time to wait for the wool to hit the sticks.

If you've been following either my twitter or flickr stream you'll have been noticing a steady stream of spindle pictures recently. Hopefully these will be replaced by a steady stream of wheel pictures. Soon.

Check my niddy noddy and weep

Today's offering... Some very badly spun BFL

My first knit with my first handspun.... A bowl of sorts

Drop spindle

4 comments:

  1. Love the bag - it must be like carrying a cloud around with you :)

    Also, it's always great seeing a bit of niddy noddy action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a scalped Tina turner.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son has mentioned a few times he wants to do spinning - perhaps a drop spindle is in our future :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Such fun! Need to get a couple more for my monkeys too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.