Wednesday 5 December 2012

Winter Afternoon Knitting

DSC_0036

DSC_0032

DSC_0049

DSC_0039

DSC_0037

DSC_0038

Knitting is becoming a bit of a social event here. One puts his sticks down, the other picks his sticks up, and we all have a chinwag about interplanetary systems before bed with a few more lines to whatever it is we're making added to the end. Masha'allah.

After intense years of toddlerdom and little-people-dom I appreciate these pockets of big boy calm. I appreciate being able to read a book as they read theirs, by themselves, QUIETLY. I appreciate being able to knit without jogging a toddler up and down on my knee. I appreciate conversations, with intelligence, deep thought, without the need for talkingnonestopwithoutbreathingspaces and repetition or without having to refer everything through Thomas the Tank Engine. When we talk about Harold, it is now King Harold and we are talking about the Battle of Hastings, and not Harold the Helicopter and the Fat Controller's latest complaint about engines that cause confusion and delay. I don't take it for granted. I really, really appreciate it. Alhamdulillah.



2 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.