Thursday 28 February 2013

New Threads

New threads

Untitled
DSC_0143

DSC_0144

It's been a very long time since I indulged in buying new embroidery floss. It's been years since I've done any real embroidery. I thought, once upon a time, that it would be my 'thing', but it turns out I've made very little time for it in real life. Which is a shame; I do like doodling with thread.

These new skeins of floss were bought for the cross stitch pattern I've been working up. Cross stitch is new to me and I still have half memories of being forced to cross stitch some awful panel in school, which I hated doing, which kind of puts me off. Doodling is much more my thing, but I'll give it a go... maybe I will fall in love with it all. Who knows?

Organising thread and having neat little boxes full of wound spools - well, that's something I can live with. It's like owning my very own rainbow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.