Monday 24 March 2014

Springtime Sewing

my so called life blog

my so called life blog

my so called life blog

my so called life blog

my so called life blog

my so called life blog

I know I'm not the only one antsy for a bit of springtime sewing. This little pile of lovelies will have to wait till I get home to bring some sunshine into our lives. At least it isn't snowing here (she says, shivering). And some vintage, thrifted buttons? I can never walk away from those. Useful, old, pretty - everything I love in one bundle.

And these bird samplers are in the magazine's Spoonflower shop - each 'test swatch' has one bird, and are designed to go hand in hand with the embroidery pattern (free for those who sign up for the newsletter). These pieces are destined for the boys and their hoops, just as soon as I can peel them away from Minecraft.

Yes, springtime always gets me itching for the machine. I have no idea what any of these will become. I think that's why I like fabric so much. A promise not yet fulfilled.

6 comments:

  1. That is a lot of gorgeous fabric you have going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... I can't resist a bit of colour this time of year!

      Delete
  2. Fabric and yarn, both carry so much promise, and you have some beauties here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hardest part is knowing what to do with them!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.