Monday 14 April 2014

Plans Ahead

DSC_0048

DSC_0050

DSC_0053

Popcorn trees! When midget was really little he called 'blossom' 'snow trees'.... Awww

How can it be April already? How? Just... how??

It's growing season, and I honestly don't know if I have the energy or wherewithal to commit to the allotment this year. I'm sad to say that I think this will be our last year of tending it. If it were just at the end of our garden, or made of soil rather than brick, or if we could leave all our things there safely, then it would be totally doable. Right now it's a drive away with all the equipment in the car with no idea when we'll return. Hardly ideal. And this year, just like last, there has seen a bit of extra workload due to the magazine now.

I don't really like being beaten so there is a good chance I might actually do the diametric opposite of giving up. But after three weeks away from home, and having three years' worth of crud to shift on returning, I am so very weary.

For now I'll enjoy growing season the old fashioned way - by buying flowers, watching blossom pop up on our trees, and enjoying seasonal food from our farmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.