Thursday 17 February 2011

A Little More Granny

DSC_0101

DSC_0102

Somewhere in my sitting room lies a relic of a good idea, when my inner granny colluded with my inner thrift queen who then made a pact with the Re-Use not Landfill conscience and they conspired to give an old coffee table one last chance.

DSC_0084

It involved wallpaper. And glue. Mod Podge may have been a contributing factor. And it involved patience. Patience for drying time and patience for Mama's weird and wonderful trial and error masterpieces.

DSC_0085

Or not. As the case may be.

I'm not sure I'm convinced. It may need a different paper. Or it may need a bit more time to settle in.

Inner Granny is happy. Outer Debbie is still cogitating.

DSC_0086



*** *** ***

6 comments:

  1. Okay I have a few things to say
    1) cogitating is an awesome word! I am going to try to use it today.
    2) coffee table = awesome. I think it looks great, crafty mama!
    3) this post made me laugh out loud - glad I'm not the only one with an inner granny talkin' to me :)
    4) I love the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristy's outer granny says '"It looks great!" but Kristy's inner granny is saying " tell her it looks terrible and offer to take it to 'landfill' for her" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new blog look by the way. You are clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Fans self* oh ladies you know how to bloat a girl's ego... thankyou kindly for blog and table love - I am getting rolled eyes from the males in my house. Glad to have a granny community who 'gets' it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the table, i think the brown paper looks the best on it. Ive been planning to do something like this at my house for ages! When i was a teen i decoupaged almost every bit of furniture i had!
    Aqeela xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm. Mod podge does wonders to lift the spirits of a forgotten table...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.