Wednesday 16 February 2011

Starman - The Greatest Show on Earth

DSC_0044

The midget is in a new role - astronaut. He still fights darleks and cybermen, but now on behalf of mission control rather than as the Doctor.

DSC_0075

DSC_0066

From his seat in the shuttle he has constructed an elaborate array of props - a till becomes his computer, an egg box the keyboard and missile launcher buttons, a tube is a gun, a tape recorder with mic becomes his radio communicator, and a picture is a video screen to talk to mission control. He has his doctor's bag in case anyone becomes ill and a pile of scratched CDs to reboot his mainframe in case there is a lockdown.

DSC_0068

This play goes on for hours, sometimes the play carries on over to the next few days. Sometimes I am his passenger and sometimes we fight darleks together.

Most of the time I sit keeping him company soaking up his littleness, in awe of an imagination I never had as a child, amazed by his inventiveness and in total love for this little soul who I'm allowed to scrunch into huge big cuddles and kisses all over for as long as I want and be hugged right back. Masha'allah.

DSC_0061

I wouldn't miss this show for anything.


*** *** ***

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE this post. His imagination is absolutely fabulous! Oh I remember those days when I could dream up anything, absolutely lost in the adventure - good, good, childhood memories. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I think I was a bit too practical to get lost in imagination; it's such a nice surprise and such great viewing to see my own children develop this side of themselves.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.