Wednesday 13 July 2011

Scenes From My Kitchen

DSC_0059

DSC_0068

DSC_0065

DSC_0043

DSC_0042

DSC_0039

DSC_0028

DSC_0036

DSC_0029

Actually these pictures lie; there is so much more that goes on in this kitchen of ours, and very rarely does anything look that peaceful. Usually there is lego all over the table (and floor). Usually there are two blurs zipping in and out of the doors at either end, that I believe to be my children, but honestly who the hell can tell; it could quite easily be a Tasmanian Devil. Usually there is a hulking silverback slouched over a laptop or drinking coffee (or both).

But sometimes I order them OUT, and I get pootling, making things to eat, things to USE, things to clean with, and of course, all the washing up too.

I am currently in major batch mode for various foodstuffs that seem to be eaten by the gross weight - granola is a never-ending, continuous make, but recently hummus has been a big craze here - I love hummus, my DH likes hummus, and my eldest has joined me this year in his love for it too. We get through a batch a day. Crazy. (In case you're wondering, no, the midget hates it; of course. It isn't cake.)

So in case you would like to join this madness, here is the way we make hummus ::


Hummus Recipe

1 can of chickpeas
1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
3-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste)
1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil


Do it ::

1. Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid from can.
2. Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor. Add 1/4 cup of liquid from chickpeas.
3. Blend until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
4. Eat. Go Mmmmm place leftover in the fridge (hah, WHAT leftover...)


ENJOY!

And you? What are you making in your kitchen these days?


*** *** ***

6 comments:

  1. I love hummus so I will try this later - amazingly I have everything in the cupboard!!

    I'm looking for tried and trusted cleaning receipes can you point me in the right direction please!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I will do a post on this? There are a couple good books and some recipes dotted all over the net. Will share soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried the hummus, awesome ;) Do you mind if I link it I'm trying to keep favourites so that I don't loose them.

    Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so glad you liked it. Yes please share the link - the more the merrier, right? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos make your kitchen seem such a calm place. (fingers in ears - don't tell me different). We love hummus and make it every so often. Just wish I could grow chickpeas in a large enough quantity.

    Thanks for visiting my blog today. Always pleased to find other crafting folk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to 'meet' you too! No the kitchen is DEFINITELY not a peaceful place here. Sorry to burst that bubble ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.