Thursday 18 August 2011

Digging For Victory, and All That Jazz

DSC_0001

DSC_0214

DSC_0048

DSC_0213

DSC_0053

DSC_0054

DSC_0051

DSC_0055

DSC_0068

DSC_0010

DSC_0005

DSC_0004

DSC_0208

Are you getting bored of all my garden pictures? Am I slowly killing you with images? Have you had enough of my tomato plants and cabbages??

I can't help it. I think part of being in love with growing food and being in the garden is the watching, the waiting, the observing of all the little changes that mean a harvest is really coming. I can while away a good twenty minutes just staring at beans, or pea pods. Dreaming of apple crumble and wondering how many plums we'll get next year - I never get bored of just staring at things that are growing.

And now for a small harvest; the wait really has been worth it...

And for my homie Nas :: YOU'D NEVER GUESS I LIVED IN THE GHETTO :D


*** *** ***

5 comments:

  1. not bored! I love seeing photos of home grown and home made. I'm envious of the beans I've picked 3 and that was it :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the plant in full sun? they do like to hog all the sunlight. and three is better than none! onwards and upwards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I ve had 1! But haven't been up the allotment for a while (i know i'll want to do something, but too weak to lift a spade-fasting does this to me;)) so inshaAllah i'll be able to harvest something beanie tomorrow..

    ReplyDelete
  4. insha'allah :) beans were harvested by my babes with great gusto!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never tire of seeing your bounty. It makes life wonderful, eh? : )
    d

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.