Monday 30 January 2012

In the Middle of the Making

DSC_0059

DSC_0057

DSC_0047



DSC_0027

DSC_0028

DSC_0015

Starting, planning, hoping and envisaging are all part of the process of making. Sometimes I think it's the best part; once the item is made there can be disappointment, or an anti-climax, or even a sense of 'what now'. But before the nadir of the making process is reached, the envisaging stage happily keeps my brain purring along, stops it oozing out of my earholes from utter boredom.

I have lists of things I envisage, some of which are pipe-dreams, but so long as that list exists I am happy.

Right in the middle of the process - that's where I am at my happiest....


*** *** ***

7 comments:

  1. I love that mosque-esque fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamu Aleykum sister,

    SubhanALLAH I was just thinking the same as Um Dayo, I really love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's by Andover Fabric called 1001 peeps. Comes in a rather nice purple pink combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that fabric too, i found it on the andover website but how can i order it? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll have to goto a fabric website to order. I bought this at fabricshack.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What are you going to make??? DO TELL:) A castle peeps quilt for the boys perhaps?? Your little quilt is a ray of sunshine! and..I agree with you..You have to dream:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I was going to make some 'boxes' for the boys for all their toys to go under their beds... we'll see. maybe a quilt instead! you can never have too many blankets, right??

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.