Tuesday 11 September 2012

Product Review :: Ecover Zero

I was kindly sent some products to review recently and have been testing them to see what I really think.

ecover-zero-range

Ecover, the company renowned for it's stance on environmentally-friendly products has gone one step further by producing a new 'zero' range. This is a perfume-free, allergy-approved range for those of us with sensitive skin.

I have to say from the outset that due to having rather sensitive skin and contact dermatitis, that the Ecover washing up liquid has been the only liquid that I have been using for almost ten years, and indeed, the only one I can use. Absolutely everything else, including those store-branded environmentally-friendly, ecover-wannabes, make my skin bubble and blister and feel as though they have been set on fire. It is just works out rather well for me that this brand also happens to be good for the environment too.

So I was intrigued at this new range which claims to be even better than what they offer already, and got stuck in with the new laundry liquid and softener. Usually I stick to some nondescript non-bio and instead of softener I replace with a 1/4 cup vinegar. But this liquid really did get the clothes clean (and my boys really do test that to the limits), and the softener did what it said on the tin - no smell, no skin irritation and the clothes came out much softer than they do with vinegar.

I am so sensitive to products that by the time I have unloaded the washing machine I can tell if I am allergic to something by the burning sensation in my hands. Obviously this product passed with flying colours.

To be honest, I think I will stick with my vinegar for the rinse cycle since it is so much cheaper to do so, but after testing this washing liquid I will be changing to the Ecover range for this area of our cleansing life too. If I had to choose a softener then, without doubt, I would have choose this range too, simply because of the allergy issue.

So. Yes. After testing this product my conclusion is :: if you or you bubbas have any allergy or skin condition you can buy this with absolute confidence. And if you want to be a bit friendlier to the mother earth, then it's a good choice for that too.

An all-round thumbs up.

4 comments:

  1. I use Ecover washing-up liquid too - I swing back and forth with the washing powder (due to availability - although I do want to have a bash at making my own).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made my own too, but sometimes is nice to have the easy option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Ecover, too. We also used this for many years and before I washed with Sapindus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sapindus). But my husband doesn't like the nuts (doesn't clean white so good and I don't wear white, hehe), so just Ecover. Is it in UK expensive like here in Germany? I like "seventh generation", too, but can't get it here.
    Have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is the costlier option, yes. But with the washing up liquid I don't have a choice really with allergy issues

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.