Tuesday 2 April 2013

A Tale of Two Typewriters

vintage typewriter

vintage typewriter

On some days this is how I find the boys - tapping out love letters to their mama and relatives on their typewriters.

They plan what they are going to write and take their time (and much paper) getting it 'just right'.

To be honest, the eldest much prefers the PC or iPad (because it 'doesn't hurt the fingers and you change mistakes quicker'), but the midget - ah, anything that involves machinery, technology, an excuse to get under the hood to tinker with the inner workings, and he's happy. The letter is a bonus.

vintage typewriter

vintage typewriter

vintage typewriter

vintage typewriter

vintage typewriter

vintage typewriter

vintage typewriter

I envisage many more letters in our near future.


2 comments:

  1. As salaamu 'alaykum :)

    Oooooh! I love all things vintage! I have just bought a typewriter too – mustard yellow. Now if I could just bring my Chelsea pyrex over from Singapore, I'd be a happy camper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wa alaikum assalam Yes I'm a sucker for all things old too, especially if they remind me of my nana!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.