Monday 25 November 2013

Evenings

DSC_0035

DSC_0125

DSC_0154

DSC_0123

DSC_0158

DSC_0173

DSC_0176

DSC_0153

Evenings. Where to distinguish night from day in this gloom?

The sun barely scrapes the horizon, the zenith is mere inches off the ground and I'm finding that at about 2.30 the light is so bad it's time to switch lamps on and call it a day. I will never get used to this. I tread the waters of winter; I hardly thrive in it. But. If you're going to have to live with something for a while, might as well make it pretty and seek the beauty in it, right?

A cosy fire, some blankets, hot chocolate or elderflower cordial, some books to inspire and a quiet, q u i e t, evening with nothing to do except dream and plan.

I'll take it.

2 comments:

  1. I know this. Yet in the endless light of the Summer, I remember craving the darkness so that I could snuggle in like this. Your images are so warming.
    Ah well - less than a month to go until the shortest day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello jacqui! Yes it's the only thing keeping me going, not long before we're over the hump

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.