Thursday 23 December 2010

Moving Into Light

DSC_0044

DSC_0042

DSC_0036

DSC_0014

DSC_0015

DSC_0021

DSC_0040

This year I haven't been laid low with seasonal adjustments like I was last year; the winter blues have failed to take hold like they did that terrible year (good old Cipralex, lovely 20mg Cipralex...Mmmmm). The Solstice last year was my saftey net - the thing that got me through the darkest days. Knowing that light was again returning literally saved my sanity.

This year I am enjoying the cosy nature of our days together masha'allah. Noting the day was the shortest was no more than an excuse to make candles and lanterns and pray maghrib salah with candlelight.

And so - a return to light. I think this year, however, I will try to hold on to winter for as long as possible... wherever you are, and whatever you celebrate I pray you are with those you love.

*** *** ***

2 comments:

  1. salam aleikum, i just came across your blog looking for other muslim homeschooling mothers. these crafts are beautiful! would also make lovely ramadan projects. what are you using to make those candles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beeswax sheets and wick simply rolled into a candle! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.