Tuesday 28 June 2011

Coast to Coast

DSC_0007

DSC_0014

These last few weeks have been full of travel, literally and metaphorically. It's been an emotional, fraught, yet beautiful and loving few weeks spent with close family, first there then here.

DSC_0018

We have been up and down the length of the land searching for equilibrium, sun and educational opportunities in equal measure (and possibly failing slightly in all realms, whilst making progress too).

DSC_0027

DSC_0047

DSC_0094

DSC_0096

DSC_0107

DSC_0121

DSC_0158

DSC_0132

These last few weeks, like all times when we step out of our little zones, have taught me things I never knew about myself; confirmed other things, and turned yet other assumptions on their head. Silly things, big things, things which I had taken to be normal yet realise they're not. All in a good way.

DSC_0083

DSC_0086

DSC_0090

DSC_0051

DSC_0067

DSC_0074

On top of that, we've had a house guest and some celebrations this week too. All in all a very FULL few weeks in the very best sense.

And now we are back to 'normal' whatever that means. And I'm missing the intensity of the few weeks of family. And above all else I have realised that at my very core my family will always be the very centre of my being, and at the centre of family is a lot of forgiveness. A lot.

DSC_0206_01

DSC_0209

So, yeah. We're back.
How've you been?


*** *** ***

3 comments:

  1. Me, I've been busy too. 2 birthdays, end of school, camping, etc...

    but, I want to know is that a real police box, or did you have a run in with the Doctor and his tardis? :) sorry, i couldn't resist!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all the pics of your adventures. Hope you had a great time. Lisa L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh we had an adventure in a parallel universe before we came home. I told you - we've been all over. Highly over-rated - don't think much of outer space....

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.